Aidpage is a
support network.
Ask for help
Offer help
Sign up now
Talking about:
5 posts
22,538 visits


Liz44221 started this conversation
I am a 49 year old who is in need of money. My Husband is in prison and am the only paycheck in the home. I have a 21 year old daughter who is Bi-polar/learning disabled and is unable to hold a job do to her mental illness and disabilty. She is presently trying to obtain work through an agency that helps people with mental illness/physical disabilities,but they have so many cases it may take months for her to actually make money.

With out my husbands income I am $2,000. a month short for my bills. My house is being threatened with forclosure and I am behind on all my bills and cannot afford my daughters medication since most providers at the public clinic are no longer able to provide her medications,she becomes very suicidal and out of control without it . My car payment is two months behind and I am afraid to go to sleep at night because I am afraid they will try to take my car.

We are in desparate need of help any donation will do.  Now it is trying to decide pay bills, get gas to go to work or eat.
We have tapped out all of our retirement for legal bills. Please help!
Click here to add your comment...
 in response to Liz44221...   Check with the united way. They always have their hand out, lets see if they will help you?
Talk to yoleven

Thanks for the advice but if I had the money to start an IRA I would. But since we cashed in our retirement to pay bills, that is not what can be done at this time.

Talk to Liz44221
Need 4 Gas

Hello, I would recommend going to see a local non-profit lawyer or financial adviser. They could really help you straighten things out and get on the right track financially! I think the number one thing right now is to get a roth IRA to start to save for your retirement again. Also, don't get over whellmed with all your bills, if you can't pay, you can't pay. GOD BLESS!

Talk to Need 4 Gas
Elaine of TSA

Dear Liz: I truly feel for you in this situation. But you need to face that 2,000.00 / mo shortage requires either cutting expenses or increasing income. There isn't any place to get help if they see that it is filling a pot with no bottom. Most agencies require that you have a reasonable plan in place to stabilize situation with their limited crisis intervention funds. So, here is where you need to start rearranging finances and budgeting for new income situation. See the following links for some ideas. Blessings, Elaine ducation/fair_debt.pdf s/Ohio.htm fsp/

Talk to Elaine of TSA